Paper #2 Handout
Thinking back to your first paper, what would you say was your main point about your story, in other words, what was the "moral of your story"?
You can do anything you put your mind to.
Now reword it to sound more like an academic thesis statement:
My success in making this computer work, proves that anyone can accomplish anything that they put their mind to.
Did your first paper focus on a particular teacher?
No
If not is there a teacher from your past or present who sticks in your memory? Who?
Yes, Shibaun Fitz-Patrick
What kind of teacher was he/she? (Good, bad, or ???)
Excellent
List 3 – 5 reasons / ways he/she was good, bad, or ???
She was very supportive.
She had passion for what she was teaching.
She was very educated in what she was teaching.
She took time to help each student.
She always had a positive attitude.
For each of the 3 – 5 reasons / ways you listed, give one or two particular examples of times he/she did things that exemplify these reasons / ways.
I had never written a cover page and she took the time to teach me how to write an effective cover letter.
She was very thorough in explaining the steps in preparing an efficient resume.
She was very informative in what an employer is looking for in an employee.
She was very informative in what an employer is looking for in an employee.
She taught us the skills required to have a successful interview.
She was always very cheerful.
She started class with having us check in. I felt she did this because she liked to hear what was going on in our lives.
I found her to be a very good teacher too. I really enjoyed her class and what she had to teach us. I learned a lot from her when it came to cover letters and resumes. I look forward to reading your paper.
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed her as a teacher and I can't wait to read what you have to say about her in your paper. I thought that she gave a lot of good information and taught me a lot.
ReplyDelete