This story for me was very difficult to read. I did understand the point he was trying to make kind of. However, I felt that he was all over the place and not really making his story very easy to follow. I understand that it is very good to have vast knowledge and a wide vocabulary. But, even though I understood most of the words he used in his story. For me, the way he chose to use so many difficult words made it very difficult to follow. I did get that he felt that he did not get a very fair shake when it came to his education. I’ll have to say, it is kind of hard for me to agree with putting the blame on the teachers and say, my parents were working class so therefore they were to tired to help me get prepared for school or be involved with my schooling. Yes when you work or got to school it does pay a toll on you and how much time you have to spend with your child. However, I am working and going to school and I still find ways to spend time with my three year old son. Mr. Rose talks about segregated schools, I found this quite interesting. I grew up in Seattle and when I was going into junior high is when Seattle School district started mandatory bussing so they could segregate the schools. My family did not agree with this at all. As a matter of fact both my Mom and my Grandpa fought the school district on two different occasions to keep my brother and I from being bussed to the south end of Seattle . We only lived nine blocks from Ballard High School . My mom won the first battle to keep my brother from being bussed. My grandpa won the second battle to keep me from being bussed. These battles with the school district went on for four to six months each. I really feel forced busing is not really in the best interest of the students. I feel it probably causes regrets.
No comments:
Post a Comment