Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pages 1-9 Writing Simplified

I do already use a lot of what I read in the first chapter. I don't usually write an outline unless I am writing a long paper on something that I am not that familiar with. I tell you, since I came back to school my writing has improved quite a bit. This is my first English class I have taken since I started at Olympic College Fall quarter last year. I have had to write quite a bit in a lot of my classes. I have got good reports from what I have wrote so far. I do know there is a lot of room for improvement in my writing though. I do my brainstorming usually over a period of time. Since I always have different thoughts running through my head I have off and on been thinking and remembering details of the story I am going to write. This is a story from my sixth grade year, twenty three years ago. I also have been thinking about the start and the layout of my paper. I am amazed at how many details I remember of this time that I have not thought about until I was presented with this topic for our first paper. I have not though to much about how I am going to end the paper, I am hoping it will just come naturally, it usually does. I do not usually do a lot of pre-writing as far as putting ideas on paper I usually just keep them in mind as they come when I am longer term off and on brainstorming. There are a lot of good tools in this first nine pages. I am going to utilize some when I am writing this first paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment