Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Benjamin Franklin


The three stories that we have read for this class are very inspiring stories. They all have one common ground. Each of the writers have overcome challenges in their life and dedicated themselves to learning. The biggest difference I saw in the writings was the difference in the slang they each used. I could also see that they all came from different times in history from their writings. I will have to say the story by Malcom X was the easiest to read for me. His story flowed together nicely and the words he used were easy to understand. The story by Benjamin Franklin was just about as hard to read for me as Roses story was. However, it was not hard because of difficult words to understand and jumping all over the place like Roses story was. I had a hard time understanding the slang he used. I also could see that Benjamin Franklin was from quite a distant time through his writing. I will have to say that it was easier to follow his story than Roses. Benjamin's story did not jump all over the place like Roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment