Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Comment on Katherine's Post Dead Poets Society Part 2

From reading your post it is obvious that you feel quite strongly about what wrote. I could not agree with you more. The paddling that the boy received was terrible. I really feel that schools and parents like that are robbing the children of their youth and life. I feel that everyone should grow up learning to make decisions for themselves and not be forced into anything they do not want to do. A person may never find their true calling in life if they are not allowed to think for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. This movie was very powerful, as was Stand & Deliver. It shows us to support children's self esteem, it is SO IMPORTANT. Letting them spread there wings to fly and accomplish their dreams, passions. It was Neil's father that pushed him to the breaking point and the after his death, the other boys from the Dead Poet Society shouldn't have let Mr. Keating take the fall for what Neil's father did. Mr. Keating was a passionate, caring and inspirational teacher. He instantly had the children's respect, unlike Mr. Escalante that had to earn the children's respect. The two movies differed in so many way. Both being that in Stand & Deliver the children had control of the school where in this movie the school was structured. I also observed that in this movie the kids had to stand up for a "Labeled" teacher where in Stand & Deliver, the teacher stood up for "Labeled" students. Great notes.

    ReplyDelete