1. What did Mr. Escalante think education should do?
I feel that Mr. Escalante wanted to use his knowledge to make a difference in his students life. I feel he did whatever it took to gain the respect of his students. This allowed him the opportunity to plant his seeds and watch them blossom just like each and everyone of his students did.
2. What did Mr. Escalante's colleagues (other teachers and administrators) think education should do?
I feel Mr. Escalante's colleagues had little or no passion for teaching. I feel that most of them had given up on the students and themselves. They did not show any sign of wanting to make a difference until after Mr. Escalante already had made a difference.
3. What did Mr. Keating think education should do?
Mr. Keating wanted to plant his seeds and watch them blossom just like Mr. Escalante. He was just growing a different kind of flower in much different conditions. Mr. Keating wanted his students to learn how to step out of their bubble that they had been forced to remain in for so long. Again he wanted to make a difference in his students lives.
4. What did Mr. Keating's colleagues think education should do?
Mr. Keatings colleagues were very set in their beliefs of what teaching should be. They did not believe the students were able to think for themselves. I feel they were basically brainwashing the students into being what the parents were paying big money for the children to be. I feel this is very wrong in a lot of ways. Don't get me wrong every child needs direction and structure to blossom. However, I feel each person deserves the right to be who they are it is our lives nobody elses.
5. What do you think your favorite teach thought education should do?
I have had a lot of great teachers in my life. Some of them have been strict and some of them have been super lenient. I feel the biggest thing eachy and everyone of them had a passion to teach and make a difference in their students lives.
6. What do you think your worst teacher thought education should do?
To be honest I can't say that I can remember ever having a bad teacher. But I think a bad teacher would be a teacher that did not care about each and everyone of their students in one way or another. I feel a bad teacher would be someone that was teaching for a paycheck and not to make a difference in their students lives. I would have to say being a teacher is a bigger responsibility than most people want to recognize. When you are teaching something to someone you are making a difference in that persons life whether it be big or small is irrelevant.
No comments:
Post a Comment